Tuesday, December 15, 2009

REVIEW: Wet 'n Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner

There are a wide range of gel and creme liners on the market these days. You can spend as little as $3, or as much as $30+. Even between high end, and low end, I've found many similaraties. Some, though, have no differences at all! This liner had my love at first application

PRICE: As with any drugstore product, the price is going to vary by location. I paid $3.99 (for .13oz) for mine at Walgreens, but you can always use Google to find a cheaper price, or the pricing for your location.

PACKAGING: At first glance, I thought this packaging was a bit on the weird side. When stored on it's lid, with the color facing up, it looks similar to a mini mushroom! The lid is a light gray color, made out of a semi-hard plastic. The top is graced with a sticker -- the sticker just names the manufacturer, where it was produced, the batch number, and the amount (.13oz) of product your recieve. The dish, or the area that holds the eyeshadow, is clear. It's made of a plastic a bit harder, and more durable than the lid. "wet 'n Wild" is stamped on either side, and you can clearly see the color/product inside.

PRODUCT: I did not purchase this product with the idea that I would love it. Actually, I figured on hating it. I have tried many gel, and creme liners, & usually they're all the same. I can say, though, I LOVE this. It ranks right up there with the high-end liners that I have tried. I have a really hard time applying liner, ESPECIALLY on my top lash line. But this liner made it so easy. It applies creamy, with very little pull needed. You can apply it thin, or thick, depending on your preference, and it still applies with no missing spots or bleeding. I've tried it on my upper lash line, lower lash line, and waterline -- I have semi-sensitive eyes, and it didn't irritate my eyes at all. If it tells you anything about the staying power, I swatched the liner on my hand, and tried to rub it away less than a minute later, and it was already dry and refused to budge! As a side note, I accidentally left the lid off this liner overnight and into the next day, and it didn't dry out AT ALL! It still works just as good as it did brand new.

OVERALL: Ten out of ten stars. This is my new favorite liner