Tuesday, December 15, 2009

REVIEW: Urban Decay show pony palette.

If you've read any of my other blogs, then you'll know I love palettes. I'm never none to pass up a value, and I defiantly think you get a big bang for your buck with palettes. If you love Urban Decay, and you love palettes, check this out!

PRICE: For $30 you get six (6x0.0 0.03oz) shadows, one mini (0.13 fl oz) Urban Decay Primer Potion, and one mini (0.03oz) 24/7 eyeliner in Zero. Keep in mind that these eyeshadows are smaller than a single Urban Decay shadow, but you still get plenty of product. You can pick this up on the Urban Decay website, your local Sephora, or even the Sephora website.

PACKAGING: I already had two of these shadows (Toasted, and Flash) in pot form, so the packaging is almost half the reason I purchased the palette! The entire palette (front, back, and inside)n is covered with artwork by LA artist Kime Buzzelli. So, simply put, the packaging is gorgeous -- you have to see it to know what I mean. If you love artwork (& even if you dont!) you'll love this.

PRODUCT: You get six eyeshadows, Snatch (peachy-pink), Mildew (moss green), Flash (purple), Painkiller (teal blue), Smog (bronzy brown), and Toasted (light brown). Snatch and Painkiller are exclusive to this set. All of the shadows are fairly frosty, with a bit of shimmer. Sans Snatch, which actually has glitter. ALL of the eyeshadows are beautiful. Wonderful color payoff, even without UDPP. The swatches in the photo are one swipe with my finger, no base at all! Very little fall out,, and what does fall onto your cheeks is easy to whipe away. All of the shadows are easily blendable, leaving little work for you. All I can say is; if you don't like frosty/shimmer shadows, this palette isnt for you -- while they're not OVERLY frosty, they defiantly have a frost to them when applied. The ONLY shadow I didn't care for was Snatch -- I just don't do glitter. & while the glitter isn't large, or chunky, it's just not for me. BUT, Snatch is still gorgeous, and would be wonderful if you dont mind glitter. This set also comes with a mini UDPP, and a mini liner, which I will be reviewing at a later time.

OVERALL: Ten out of ten stars. I love this palette!