Monday, December 14, 2009

REVIEW: Burts Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme.

Im always working with my hands -- weather it be washing dishes, writing, or even texting. That, coupled with the air this time of year, results in very day and harsh hands. The Husband doesn't like his back rubs when my hands feel like this, so I'm always on the search for a good hand creme. I've tried many, and am still on the hunt for that "perfect" one. Most recently, my search yielded the following.

PRICE: The price of this is obviously going to vary depending on where you purchase it. I have found it between $6.00, and $11.00 at various drug stores. On the Burt's Bees website, you're going to pay $9.00 for a 2oz jar. If you're like me, and want to try more than one Burts Bees product, you can purchase one of their sets! I received a .25oz jar of this in a kit priced at $14.99.

PACKAGING: It's simple, and it's cute. A glass jar (on both the mini and full sized jars), with a heavy duty metal lid. The top of the lid is home to the famous "Burts Bees" name, in red font. "Beeswax & banana" is next, in black font. Directly followed by "hand creme" in the same red font as the name. The lid is also graced with a cute banana, and some buzzing bumble bees! The jar of the mini/sample size is plain, with no label or wording. The full size, however, is a bit different. Its very similar to the lid, sans banana. The back also gives you a list of ingredients, as well as directions of use.


PRODUCT: I'm not gonna lie, I'm not totally in love with this product. Directions state to use this on freshly washed hands, using after every hand washing. I have done this, and found the product to be very harsh, in the sense that instead of making my hands soft and smooth, it made my hands dry, giving them very little give when I rubbed them together. I've found that I enjoy the product much more randomly throughout the day, when my hands are not just washed. This stuff, though, smells AMAZING. It has that familiar beeswax/natural smell, mixed in with a huge dose of banana.


OVERALL: Four out of ten stars. I'm only giving it four for the smell, and packaging. I wouldn't purchase this product in a full size jar.