Friday, December 18, 2009

REVIEW: Vermont Bee Balm Co. original bee balm


If you've read my Burts Bees beeswax and banana hand creme review, then you'll know I'm always looking for a good hand cream. It gets COLD here during the winters. My skin + the cold weather DO NOT AGREE with each other. My hands, ellbows, and ankles get horribly dry and cracked. When I came across this company, & read about them, I knew I HAD to try their products.

PRICE: On the Vermont Bee Balm website , you can purchase a 2oz. tin of this for $6.50. C'mon, people, that's less than $10.00 for a LOT of product.

PACKAGING: Adorable. Bottom line. This balm comes in a metal tin -- the tin is REALLY good quality, not cheap and thin like some tin packaging. The only concern I have with the tin is the fact that the lid slips off relatively easily. The front houses a yellow sticker. On the sticker you'll find the company name, product name, and product size (2oz). Below the graphic (two bees on a flower) they've placed the words "Never Stings!" and "Soothing balm for dry, cracked hands." The back is the norm -- another yellow sticker with the ingredients, directions, company information, etc.

PRODUCT: The remedy for this product has been used for YEARS by farmers. It can heal cracked fingers, minor burns, abrasions, and chapped & chafed skin. The product calls for daily use -- I'm assuming after it heals your skin, it will protect it, as well. I'm am idiot, and I was just rubbing my finger on the top of the product (which is solid), wondering why I wasn't getting any! But, after reading the back, the directions say to draw your thumbnail backward over the top and rub the resulting cream into your skin. DUH, guess I should have read the directions first. After doing what the directions call for, I rubbed the product into my hands, and WOW. Let me just say; I don't have overly cracked, or damaged skin, but my hands ARE dry because of the cold weather. I noticed a significant change it the way my hands felt after ONE use. I noticed an even bigger change when I used it a second time. I do have to say that at first, it's a little hard to rub in, but it seems like after it warms (from the rubbing) it rubs in with little to no work. Right away, it's very moisturizing, without being oily or greasy. It defiantly let my hands feeling softer, and smelling awesome. I plan to continue use and see what happens, but so far, I love it. If you've read my other reviews, you'll see I reviewed a similar product (the beeswax and bananas hand creme) by Burts Bees -- I can honestly say this product is ten times better than the Burts Bees, for a fraction of the price!


CUSTOMER SERIVCE & SHIPPING: Julie, from vermont Bee Balm is such a sweet lady! I received my products in less than a week, so shipping is beyond quick.

OVERALL: Ten out of ten stars for this company, and product. Look out for more Vermont Bee Balm reviews soon!