Tuesday, December 15, 2009

REVIEW: Hard Candy baked blush in Living Doll



If you're even slightly into makeup, then you've heard of Hard Candy. If not, where have you been?! Hard Candy is a formerly high end brand, that now sells at Walmart. They have completely revamped their line. They've changed the products, changed the packaging, reduced the price, and now aim at a different clientele. I never tried Hard Candy before this, so I can't compare their line now, to what it used to be. But here is my review, none-the-less. (As a side note, I'll be reviewing a couple more Hard Candy products, and plan on using this same "intro" on them, as well. Sorry if it gets repetitive!)

PRICE: As with any drug store, or low end product, prices will vary by location. I picked this up at my local Walmart for $8.00. I believe it's a little cheaper on the Walmart website.

PACKAGING: This packaging is totally adorable. As I said in my intro, it's completely different from what Hard Candy looked like prior to being sold at Walmart. I'm gonna have to say, I like the new packaging more than the old! It is, in my opinion, very girly. Swirls, hearts, flowers .. I love it. The top of the case is see through, which I love. Their logo is printed twice on the top, in between the designs. The product, name, directions, and ingredients, etc, are printed on the white back.

PRODUCT: I LOVE this blush. It is very similar to the MAC mineralized skin finishes -- not totally the same, but defiantly up the same ally. The one I picked up had a good amount of yellow/gold veining within the pink, so along side of giving me pink & gorgeous cheeks, it also gave me the same dewy look that a face highlighter would. The good thing about this blush is, it can be made to look like you want it to. If you want a lighter application, use a fluffy brush, or a light hand. If you're like me, and like the flushed pink look, use a more dense brush, with a little more product. You can work it up, or work it down .. make it what you want. My ONLY complaint is the fact that this is a bit powdery. When you use your brush to pick up product, a lot of dust/powder is left on the dome of the blush. When you blow it off to clean up, you're wasting a lot of product, which is sad. *Keep in mind when looking at my swatches that the swatch was applied with my finger, and I picked up product 4 times. I made it darker, so ya'll could see the color. You can make the blush darker, or lighter, as I explained above*


OVERALL: Nine out of ten stars. I plan on picking up more of these!