Monday, December 14, 2009

REVIEW: Coastal Scents 10 color blush palette

Admittedly, I'm addicted to all things beauty. With a little shove, I can admit I have an even bigger addiction to blush. Another love of mine is palettes (hello, value!). So, when two of my loves (blush, and palettes) are combined, I'm sold!

PRICE: For $15.95 (on the companies website) you get a palette (measuring 9inches long by 4inches deep) filled with ten blushes (measuring 1 3/8inches). I'm usually sold on anything palette-form that is under $20.00! I've heard that you can get this same palette (and other Coastal Scents palettes) on Ebay for much cheaper. BUT, by the time you pay shipping from China, and wait 14+ days, you might as well just order from the Coastal Scents website!




PACKAGING: I'm just gonna put it out there -- this packaging is GORGEOUS. The palette itself comes inside of a matte black, heavy duty box. When you pull the palette out, it looks very similar to the box; matte black, bearing (in silver font) the Coastal Scents name. Below the company logo, you'll find the name of the palette, also in silver font. Overall, I think the packaging is very sleek, and nice looking. The case being matte, rather than shiny, gets two thumbs up from me - I HATE the fingerprints that get all over shiny packages.

PRODUCT: This palette has a blush for EVERYONE. Light colors, dark colors, sheer colors, and color-packed colors. I honestly think you will benefit from this palette if you wear blush. I'm not gonna lie, some of the blushes are a bit chalky, but that can defiantly be overlooked if you work with them right. The pans are a bit on the smaller side, but I use this palette almost daily, and have yet to hit pan on any of them. If you have a light enough skin tone (I'm holyshityourepale) this palette can even double as bronzer/countour. I also have to brag on the blendability of the blushes! I have tried MANY brands of blush (hello, addiction) and some (yes, even high end) just SIT on your face, not budging from where you put your brush. These, though, blend wonderfully with little effort. Iloveit!



CUSTOMER SERVICE & SHIPPING: While my package DID take a while (14 days from the time I placed my order) to make it to my door step, and one of my palettes (88 palette) was destroyed, the customer service is still satisfactory. They refunded my money (minus shipping, but eh) for the broken palette, and shipped it expedited when I re-ordered. The employee I spoke to was happy to assist me, very friendly, and very apologetic about my broken product.

OVERALL: Nine out of ten stars!