Tuesday, December 22, 2009

REVIEW: Honeycat Cosmetics warming cinnamon lip balm.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again -- I LOVE lip balms. I have so many (I'm hitting Pinkiecharm status, LOL) right now. I cannot resist them, especially when they combine all of the qualities that I love. If you share my love for lip balm, check out their site, & my review below!

Pros: Yummy smell. Awesome taste. Adorable packaging. Moisturizing. Great for sensitive lips. All natural. NEVER tested on animals; especially sexy felines.

Cons: The only and only con I found was the lid doesn't stay on tight at all times. BUT, that very well could have just been a a packaging flaw on the one that I, myself, received.

$$$: You can purchase this (and many other products) on their website for $6.00. Even if you don't purchase anything (you should!!), check out the companies website. Its insanely adorable & I spent a good 15 minutes rolling my mouse over the meowing links.


PACKAGING: A-freaking-dorable. The outside packaging has their sexy feline-girl, and trailing paw prints. The product (Whisker slickers), and name (I'm in heat warming cinnamon lip balm) also appear on the front. On the back you'll find the norm (company information, ingredients, price, and barcode) along with a sexy pair of lips! The actual tube of balm is equally adorable. Pink, Honeycat logo, product name, and the sexy kittie lady!


PRODUCT: I was a little weary of this at first. I have semi sensative lips, and warming or plumping stuff irritates them 9 times out of 10. This didn't, though. You really wouldn't even know it was cinnamon if it wasn't for the amazing taste (yes taste!) and smell. The first thing that I noticed about this balm was how moisturizing it was. It goes on so smoothly, and feels really nice on. I had this on my lips for a good 4 hours before I felt like I needed to re-apply. Unlike other balms and chapsticks, I didn't feel the drying effect, or need to re-apply almost right away. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that none of Honeycat products contain preservatives, dyes, or any of that other icky crap!

COMPANY, SHIPPING, & CUSTOMER SERVICE: When owner Theresa Spruill created Honeycat Cosmetics, she did it all based around our furry kitty friends. Did you know that in ancient times, it was believed a parasite living on cats could infect females, leaving them super sexy, among other things? Either way, amazing customer service, and insanely fast shipping! All of the above just wraps this company up as awesome!

OVERALL: Ten out of ten stars. Goodbye Chapstick, hello Honeycat!